We are proud to announce a new series of (4) interactive e-learning modules on core competencies for interprofessional teamwork and collaborative practice. But now we need your help!
We are collecting feedback from faculty and students through user testing, focus groups, and instructional pilots.
Module Themes and Topics
The modules address topics in values and ethics for interprofessional collaboration and patient-centered care, roles and responsibilities (including those of patients, their families and caregivers, and providers), teams and teamwork, and communication.
Threaded throughout each module is the story of Maria Garcia, from her admission into ER for an ischemic stroke to her outpatient rehabilitation, and her family’s interactions with various health care providers on her road to recovery.
Each module uses exercises and an unfolding patient case to illustrate the effects of teamwork and communication on care providers, patients, and their support networks. Through these illustrations, learners are able to reflect on how strategies for interprofessional collaboration and practice can be adapted to facilitate quality, patient-centered care.
Instructions for Volunteer Reviewers
We are seeking instructors, instructional designers, and subject-matter experts to work through the modules and offer feedback on how we can improve this content. We’d also like your input on what additional resources an instructor may need to successfully teach with this material.
To sign up as a reviewer, please email Mr. Shawn McGinniss at email@example.com.
- Review Module 1, Values and Ethics for Interprofessional Care, including all video content, quiz items, quiz feedback, and other activities. Explore this material from the perspective of a learner.
- Review the Instructor’s Guide (provided to you via email).
- Work through the module again, this time from the perspective of an instructor. Think about how you would use this material and the suggestions in the Instructor’s Guide to achieve the module’s stated learning objectives.
- Complete the embedded evaluation survey located near the end of the module. Enter your name and email address in the survey to receive occasional updates about the modules.
- Repeat for Module 2, Roles and Responsibilities for Interprofessional Practice, Module 3, Teams and Teamwork for Interprofessional Practice, and Module 4, Interprofessional Communication. Please submit a separate evaluation survey for each module you review.
We welcome educators who wish to pilot these materials directly with their learners. Please contact Mr. Shawn McGinniss at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, including piloting ideas, instructional design support, and more.
All e-learning content accompanying materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. You are free to copy and redistribute this material (in any medium or format) as well as adapt, remix, or otherwise build upon the material under the following terms:
- You must properly attribute and give appropriate credit to the works’ original creators, and indicate if and/or where any changes were made
- You may not sell or license the material for commercial purposes
- You agree to distribute any derivative works created using this material under the same license as the original
Your contributions and feedback are invaluable to us! Please contact us if you have any questions.